Never eat anything that’s supposed to be something else. – ELV
It was the best of times (exemplified by Vincenzo Scarmiglia‘s potato-crusted halibut with squash blossom at Sirio):
…it was the worst of times (wretchedly taking the form of this there-is-no-excuse-for-it veggie burger at Smashburger):
So bad* it could make even a vegan recoil
It was the season of hope (the opening of Kabuto, Chocolate & Spice, and Booming Spot Mini Pot):
….it was the season of despair (will anyone, ever again do anything interesting on the Strip?):
In other words, it was a typical Spring in Las Vegas.
But no matter how optimistic we are (or try to remain in the face of all the culinary obstacles we must daily surmount), nothing, but nothing, will ever get the taste of those grainy, gummy, grotesque, smushed, unseasoned black beans out of our mouths.
But at least we know a number of places that will help us try to forget.
And maybe the big Brit will help things along.
In the Aria Hotel and Casino
3730 Las Vegas Blvd. South
Las Vegas, NV 89109
BOOMING SPOT MINI POT
3466 South Decatur Blvd. Suite E
Las Vegas, NV 89102
* How bad was it? It was so bad….
- Lindsay Lohan’s lips get even poutier when they think about it.
- It was probably the team meal for this season’s Charlotte Bobcats.
- Ed Wood is coming back from the grave to make a movie about eating it.
- Richard Harris is coming back from the dead to sing about one.
Yeah, it was that bad.