OPA! Greek Food Festival Begins!
And the food is bound to be better than the meal we had at OPA! (the restaurant) two days ago (pictured above).
Not that it was bad, it just wasn’t that good, and proved once again what we’ve said for most of our adult life: The best Greek food in America is found in Greek homes. We at ELV have numerous theas (or thias: aunts) who have proven this true — many of whom are superior cooks and chefs in their own right — all of whom cook for this once a year Greek feast at St. John The Baptist Greek Orthodox Church.
Here are the hours:
- Thursday, September 18th 5pm to 10pm
- Friday, September 19th 3pm to 11pm
- Saturday, September 20th Noon to 11pm
- Sunday, September 21st Noon to 10pm
- This post has gotten us so hungry, we’re heading there right now, and will be all over the place tomorrow.
- Follow our post (and blurry tasty snaps) on Facebook or Twitter, and come out for some retsina, saganaki, and a little dancing.
- Be forewarned however, that should you see us dancing, you’ll know we’ve had too much of this.