ELV invited commenter Reality Check to let ‘er rip with his 13+ reasons to hate food critics.
Here is his (partial and to-be-augmented) response for your delectation, rumination, and edification:
14. Pompous food critics hurt people’s feelings .
It’s one thing to express your opinion to the chef or owner of a restaurant. It’s quite another to assault them over the public airwaves.
13. Pompous food critics never invite their victims to respond to their criticism.
Like hit and run drivers, pompous food critics do their damage, and run for cover.
12. Pompous food critics use vitriol to excess.
To pompous food critics, vitriol is salt.
11. Pompous food critics have no souls.
Once you make that deal with the devil there’s no going back.
10. Pompous food critics reak of bagna cauda.
See that guy driving with his windows down in Detroit in January?
09. Pompous food critics have pretty bad taste in music, which leaves their overall credibility suspect.
Flock of Seagulls and Men Without Hats? I should stop here.
To be continued, my front of the house friend.